Baked Zucchini Sticks
These golden, crunchy zucchini sticks are so flavorful it’ll be hard to keep them on your plate. Not to mention, it’s a great way to serve up some veggies as an appetizer or a side dish. Try adding some yellow squash to add some variety!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 Zucchinis - ends trimmed, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 Cup - Flour
- 1 Teaspoon - Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Cup - Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place an oven-save cooling rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly coat the rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- For seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic salt and pepper.
- For dredging mixture: In a another bowl, mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Create an assembly line starting with the seasoning mixture, eggs, dredging mixture and then the baking sheet with the cooling rack.
- Working in batches, dip zucchini strips into the flour seasoning mixture, coat well and tap any loose flour off. Dip them into the eggs, coat well and shake to remove any excess. Roll zucchini in the bread mixture, generously coating all sides. Transfer zucchini onto the prepped cooling rack.
- Bake zucchini in the preheated oven until golden and crisp, about 20 to 24 minutes.
You May Also Like
My husband and I are not big on celebrating Valentines Day. Personally I feel that you should ...
Want a healthy snack that is easy to make, even with a screaming toddler pulling at your leg? I'm ...
This has to be one of my favorite quick breads, coming in first place with banana nut bread ...
Looking for the perfect meal to ring in the New Year? After a little hiatus from the blog during ...
One of my favorite things to cook when the temperatures get colder is apple crisp. It fills the ...
Ok I admit it I love sweet potatoes. My husband on the other hand has a bit more of a savory ...
Did you know that peas and gauc actually taste really good together? Not to mention that by adding ...
These scrumptious pumpkin pie bites have been such a hit; I get requests for them every year. I ...
Thanksgiving has always been something I've looked forward to. Spending time with loved ones and ...
I am half Irish, half Italian, and grew up knowing the Italian side of my family. Pasta was a main ...