Crumb-Topped Blueberry Zucchini Bread
This has to be one of my favorite quick breads, coming in first place with banana nut bread trailing in second place. Combine zucchini with blueberries and you have one super tasty bread. The fresh blueberries add a sweet and somewhat tart taste and the shredded zucchini keeps the bread moist. Using whole-wheat flour adds just the right amount of nuttiness and the chia seeds give it a great nutritional punch with Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants and fiber.
Top it all off with a combination of flour, oats, cinnamon, sugar, butter and walnuts, which give it a really good crunch. It will literally have you scraping the crumbs off your plate. If you make this and add your own twist to it, come back here and let us know your results!
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup – Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups – Raw Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons – Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup – Chia Seeds
- 3 Cups – Zucchini, shredded
- 3 Cups – Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon – Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon – Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Groung Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon – Groung Cinnamon
- 1 Pint – Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs, then mix in coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract and chia seeds. Fold in the shredded zucchini until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Combine ingredients into the large bowl and mix well. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared loaf pans.
- 2/3 Cup - Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup - Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup - Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup - Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup - Butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Add butter and stir until ingredients are well combined. Sprinkle evenly over both loaves.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.