Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats
With Thanksgiving around the corner, there is sure to be a lot of pumpkin pie, apple pie, cookies and other amazingly sweet dishes. All of which I am a fan of, but it’s nice to change it up a bit. These light and crispy delights seemed to be loved by everyone. I find that this recipe adds a hint of fall that will be a big hit at your next holiday potluck. Try out this little twist to the infamous rice krispie treats!
- 1 Tablespoon - Butter
- 10 oz Bag - Mini Marshmallows (reserve 1 Cup)
- 6 Cups - Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/8 Cup - Pumpkin Purée
- 1 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Dash of Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium low heat. Add marshmallows (reserve 1 Cup to add in at the end) and stir until melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and a dash of salt with the melted marshmallows.
- Stir in the rice krispie cereal and mix well. Add the remaining cup of marshmallows and loosely stir.
- Pour the mix into the greased baking dish. Cover with wax paper and press mixture evenly into the pan. Allow to cool and enjoy!