Pumpkin Sauce Pasta
A delicious blend of pumpkin, cheese and spices makes this dish a perfect option for fall. Not to mention that it’s super easy to make. Take your favorite pasta, mine is fussili, and pair it with this rich, flavorful pasta sauce. Topping it with some candied pepitas adds a hint of warm and spicy sweetness, while the parmesan adds a nutty saltiness. A perfect combination!
- 16 oz - Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- 24 oz - Pumpkin Pasta Sauce (I used World Market's)
- 1 Cup - Shaved Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon - Butter
- 1/2 Cup - Raw Pepitas
- 1/8 Cup - Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon - Pumkpin Pie Spice
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the recommendations on the package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small frying pan. Add pepitas, brown sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Salt to taste. Stir constantly until pumpkin seeds are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the pumpkin pasta sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce is warm. For each serving, garnish with shaved parmesan and candied pepitas. Enjoy!