Rosemary Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
Ok I admit it I love sweet potatoes. My husband on the other hand has a bit more of a savory palate. So I decided to use white sweet potatoes, which have a milder and less sweet flavor than the orange sweet potato. Surprisingly, sweet potatoes contain a variety of different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, such as, Vitamins C, B3, B5, and B6, manganese, potassium, and copper; they’re also high in fiber. This makes me feel a little less guilty about letting my toddler eat them. After all, sweet potatoes are vegetables, and I keep trying to figure out how to get my toddler to eat more vegetables. This must be the theme song in every mother’s daily dialogue.
Combine the savory pine-like flavor of rosemary, the delicate, nutty flavor of garlic with the mild, slightly sweet white sweet potato and you have yourself slightly crunchy, oh so good treat that is also nutrient-rich. Sounds like a win-win to me!
- 3 White Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 Tablespoons - Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons - Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon - Garlic, crushed
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure they’re not crowded on the pan. Bake until golden and tender, turning once, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sweet potatoes evenly with rosemary, garlic and salt. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.