Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich
Looking for a quick breakfast idea? Try this open-faced sandwich that takes just minutes to make. It is much more satisfying to eat than a bowl of cereal in the morning. Grab a couple pieces of toast; add some cheese, scrambled eggs and avocado and voilà! I absolutely love to eat this after my morning workout and it’s great that my toddler will eat it too. I just omit the toast and I feel good about providing her a healthy breakfast as well.
- 2 Slices of Bread, toasted
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Slices of Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Optional - 4 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Toast the slices of bread until they are golden brown. Then place a slice of cheese on each piece of toast so it melts a little.
- Beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste; I use a little montreal seasoning in place of salt and pepper if you have that on hand. Then scramble them in a skillet over medium heat until they are just set.
- While the eggs are still hot, divide them evenly onto each slice of toast. Mash avocado and spread it over the eggs.
- Optional: Garnish with tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.